[dpdk-dev] Cannot mmap device resource in DPDK 1.7.0 multi-process/multi-thread

Mario Gianni m.gianni at engineer.com
Fri Oct 24 13:21:08 CEST 2014

Hi all, I have a problem since I updated to 1.7.0 version,
I got a multi-process, multi-threaded application,
In my application first I launch a master process, then I launch a secondary process with multiple threads in it
Well, when the number of lcores reserved for the secondary process exceeds a certain number (eg. 4) i got an error in rte_eal_init() on the secondary process when it tries to map PCI memory:

EAL: pci_map_resource(): cannot mmap(12, 0x7ffff2e96000, 0x800000, 0x1000): Success (0x7ffff559b000)
EAL: Cannot mmap device resource
EAL: Error - exiting with code: 1
    Cause: Requested device 0000:01:00.0 cannot be used

Can you help me?