[dpdk-dev] Cannot mmap device resource in DPDK 1.7.0 multi-process/multi-thread

Mario Gianni m.gianni at engineer.com
Fri Oct 24 15:04:26 CEST 2014

Hi Bruce,
thank you for your answer, adding cores to the primary mask didn't help, instead it helped manually passing the --base-virtaddr parameter, setting it to the first value of Virtual Area that EAL finds when it starts the primary process.

Honestly I don't understand why it works in this way, in the experimental phase this could be a patch, but in the final program I have to automate this process, do you have any suggestions?
For example is there a way to find the virtual area before starting the primary process?

Mario