[dpdk-dev] rte_acl test-acl app

Erik Ziegenbalg eziegenb at Brocade.com
Sat Oct 25 05:19:02 CEST 2014

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble to successfully perform a packet classification
using the rte_acl test app. I have my rules.acl and trace.acl files as
follows:

rules.acl:
@192.168.0.0/24 192.168.0.0/24 400 : 500 1000 : 2000 6/0xff

trace.acl:
192.168.0.5 192.168.0.9 450 1002 0x06

However, the result always comes up as 4294967295 (xFFFFFFFF). I have
dug through the code quite a bit to follow and see what is going on, but
not sure where I went wrong.

Any help on how the rte_acl_classify function works would be much
appreciated. In understand that the data for rte_acl_classify is a
uint32_t ** and I double checked to make sure I'm passing along proper
values. Is xFFFFFFFF the expected result? If so, I am getting the same
for packets that should not match.

Thank you,
Erik Ziegenbalg