[dpdk-dev] SSSE3 instruction set not enabled ERROR - use msse4.2

Raj Ravi mekaviraj at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 17:02:56 CEST 2014

====================================
cpuinfo:
cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
cpu family : 16
model : 4
model name : AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor
stepping : 3
microcode : 0x10000c8
cpu MHz : 800.000
cache size : 512 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 4
core id : 0
cpu cores : 4
apicid : 0
initial apicid : 0
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 5
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt
pdpe1gb rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow constant_tsc rep_good nopl
nonstop_tsc extd_apicid pni monitor cx16 popcnt lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm
extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs skinit
wdt hw_pstate npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save
bogomips : 6399.94
TLB size : 1024 4K pages
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts ttp tm stc 100mhzsteps hwpstate

Fedora 20  - 3.15.10 default Fedora kernel  used.

I have built dpdk-1.7.0 and faced this error.
I have tried building dpdk-1.7.1 , but faced the same error.

Only after adding msse4.2, this errors goes away.

Thanks