[dpdk-dev] TCP/IP stack for DPDK

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Tue Sep 9 08:20:16 CEST 2014

On Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 08:49:44AM +0800, zimeiw wrote:
> I have porting major FreeBSD tcp/ip stack to dpdk. new tcp/ip stack is based
> on dpdk rte_mbuf, rte_ring, rte_memory and rte_table. it is faster to
> forwarding packets.

Hello,

This is awesome work to be doing and badly needed to use DPDK for any L4
purposes where it is very limited. I'll be following your progress.

You didn't mention your name, and compare your work with
https://github.com/rumpkernel/dpdk-rumptcpip/ , and talk about behavior /
performance, and how long you think it'll take. I'm curious if you can give
some more comments.

I'm implementing an RX-side very basic stack myself... but I'm not using BSD
standard APIs or doing TX-side like yours will have.

Matthew.