[dpdk-dev] TCP/IP stack for DPDK

Jim Thompson jim at netgate.com
Tue Sep 9 17:26:00 CEST 2014

Then you don’t understand licensing.

the GPL has  a requirement that you make one of two offers:

The fourth section for version 2 of the license and the seventh section of version 3 require that programs distributed as pre-compiled binaries are accompanied by a copy of the source code, or a written offer *valid for any third party* to obtain the source code via the same mechanism as the pre-compiled binary.

You can’t sell the source, you have to make it available, either with the binary, or to anyone who asks.

There are other terms and conditions with the GPL (patent licenses, etc.)

Jim