[dpdk-dev] TCP/IP stack for DPDK

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Tue Sep 9 22:51:14 CEST 2014

On Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 08:00:32AM -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:
> BPF JIT, or even pflua[1] should be straight-forward to put on top of DPDK.
> (It’s straight-forward to do on top of netmap.)
>
> jim

The pflua guys made a user-space copy of Linux BPF JIT. I'm planning to use
that because it was almost as fast as pflua with a lot fewer usage headaches
and dependencies.

I'm making an MIT licensed app... so it isn't an issue for me personally if
there is some GPL2 Linux code present. I don't think anybody made a non-rump
version of the BSD one yet or I'd use that... I'm trying not to stray too far
from the app's original purposes until it has some working features present.

Until that time comes, I just started out with libpcap offline mode BPF for
development purposes because it's standard and already available, and allows
operations upon raw packet pointers with no issues at all.

Matthew.