[dpdk-dev] KNI automatic IP configuration

Olivier Deme odeme at druidsoftware.com
Fri Apr 3 16:02:44 CEST 2015

Hi all,

Is it possible on Linux to get the Linux network manager to automatically configure a KNI virtual network interface as soon as it comes up?
I haven’t been able to get Fedora to apply the configuration under /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-veth0 file upon starting my DPDK application.

Executing ifup veth0 manually works but somehow the fedora network manager seems to have an issue to apply the if cfg config automatically.
In the system logs I can see something along the lines “kni doesn’t support ethtool”. Is this related?

I also tried ifplugd but without success.

Many thanks for your help,

Olivier.