[dpdk-dev] CROSS_COMPILATION with custom toolchain

Shyam Sundar Govindaraj ssgovind at Brocade.com
Tue Apr 7 07:12:29 CEST 2015

Hi

  I am trying to build DPDK-2.0 with custom toolchain (binutils 2.24 , gcc 4.8.2 , glibc 2.19, linux-3.13-header). With CROSS variable properly set , even though DPDK is picking the right gcc from toolchain ,it ends up with below error since the libraries are taken from the build system and not from toolchain.

/lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by toolchain/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc)

Note: Build system has glibc 2.12

Can you please answer below questions and suggest me if there is any other possible way to proceed from here

1)      Is there any variable like (CROSS) available to point to the right library?    OR

2)      Is it possible to make use of sysroot available in the toolchain. If yes, how?

Thanks
Shyam