[dpdk-dev] rte_memcpy.h

Ravi Kerur rkerur at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 23:25:59 CEST 2015

DPDK team,

I am looking at rte_memcpy.h implementation and I wasn't sure whether
coding in that file is done for any specific reason. I see superfluous type
casting in functions and instead of using loop for offset changes during
copy, separate invocation (same function) is done repeatedly.

I modified the code to remove unnecessary type casting and used loop for
offset changes. I compared the code generated by gcc (4.8.2) and in both
cases it looked same. In addition, "make test" for memcpy performance gave
similar results. I will send out a patch so you can check the changes I did
and let me know if it is good to make those changes.

Thanks,
Ravi