[dpdk-dev] mempool deleting and cache_size

Zoltan Kiss zoltan.kiss at linaro.org
Wed Apr 15 21:15:18 CEST 2015

Hi,

I have two questions regarding mempools:

- the first is trivial: how do you delete them? Can you? I can't see a
function to do that, and none of the examples are doing such thing. When
exactly it get deleted?
- during creation, cache_size have one requirement: it has to be smaller
than RTE_MEMPOOL_CACHE_MAX_SIZE. And one recommendation: "n modulo
cache_size == 0". Is there any more guideline to determine that number?
E.g. now I'm using the biggest number which fits the above two conditions.

Regards,

Zoltan