[dpdk-dev] Debug info

Shankari Vaidyalingam shankari.v2k6 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 19:51:07 CEST 2015

Hi,

I have developed an application with DPDK.
While executing the same I can see the application quitting half way (i.e
producing only half of the expected output - terminating abruptly).
I think that something is going wrong which is causing the program to crash.

Would like to know if it is possible to get the crashdump with programs
written in DPDK.
If possible please let me know how I can use GDB to debug the crash.
I have heard that rte_panic is used for creating stack trace. As per my
understanding I think that can be done if I know the exact statement which
is causing the crash. But in my application I'm not able to trace the exact
location of failure as the output differs during each run.

Pls help.

Regards
Shankari.V