[dpdk-dev] Debug info

Wiles, Keith keith.wiles at intel.com
Mon Apr 20 20:04:16 CEST 2015

On 4/20/15, 12:51 PM, "Shankari Vaidyalingam" <shankari.v2k6 at gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have developed an application with DPDK.
>While executing the same I can see the application quitting half way (i.e
>producing only half of the expected output - terminating abruptly).
>I think that something is going wrong which is causing the program to
>crash.
>
>Would like to know if it is possible to get the crashdump with programs
>written in DPDK.
>If possible please let me know how I can use GDB to debug the crash.
>I have heard that rte_panic is used for creating stack trace. As per my
>understanding I think that can be done if I know the exact statement which
>is causing the crash. But in my application I'm not able to trace the
>exact
>location of failure as the output differs during each run.

I use gdb and cgdb to debug pktgen application on Ubuntu 14.04

sudo cgdb ./app/pktgen

Then
gdb> run -c 1f -n 2 Š

This works very well, but you need to make sure you compile DPDK and your
application with option -g or -g -O0

Using Œmake install T=x86_64-native-linuxapp-xclang¹ EXTRA_CFLAGS+=³-g
-O0"'