[dpdk-dev] DCA

Vlad Zolotarov vladz at cloudius-systems.com
Tue Apr 21 10:51:40 CEST 2015

On 04/20/15 13:50, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 01:07:59PM +0300, Vlad Zolotarov wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I would like to ask if there is any reason why DPDK doesn't have support for
>> DCA feature?
>>
>> thanks,
>> vlad
> With modern platforms with DDIO the data written by the NIC automatically goes
> into the cache of the CPU without us needing to use DCA.
Thanks for a reply, Bruce.
One question though. According to DDIO documentation it only affects the
CPUs "local" relatively to the NIC. DCA, on the other hand may be
configured to work with any CPU. Modern platforms usually have a few
NUMA nodes and requirement of binding network handling threads only to
CPUs "local" to the NIC is very limiting.

Could u, pls., comment on this?

thanks in advance,
vlad