[dpdk-dev] Beyond DPDK 2.0

Matt Laswell laswell at infiniteio.com
Fri Apr 24 20:12:13 CEST 2015

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 12:39 PM, Jay Rolette <rolette at infiniteio.com>
wrote:

> I can tell you that if DPDK were GPL-based, my company wouldn't be using
> it. I suspect we wouldn't be the only ones...

I want to emphasize this point.  It's unsurprising that Jay and I agree,
since we work together.  But I can say with quite a bit of confidence that
my last employer also would stop using DPDK if it were GPL licensed.   Or,
if they didn't jettison it entirely, they would never move beyond the last
BSD-licensed version.  If you want to incentivize companies to support
DPDK, the first step is to ensure they're using it.  For that reason, GPL
seems like a step in the wrong direction to me.

- Matt