[dpdk-dev] Performance regression in DPDK 1.8/2.0

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Tue Apr 28 07:50:55 CEST 2015

On Apr 27, 2015, at 3:28 PM, Paul Emmerich <emmericp at net.in.tum.de> wrote:
> Let me know if you need any additional information.
> I'd also be interested in the configuration that resulted in the 20% speed-
> up that was mentioned in the original mbuf patch

Not sure if it's relevant or not, but there was another mail claiming PCIe MSI-X wasn't necessarily working in DPDK 2.x. Not sure if that could be causing slowdowns when there are drastic volumes of 64-byte packets causing a lot of PCI activity.

Also, you are mentioning some specific patches were involved... so I have to ask if anybody tried git bisect yet or not. Maybe easier than trying to guess at the answer.

Matthew.