[dpdk-dev] SR-IOV: ixgbe spoofed packets

Shaham Fridenberg ShahamF at Radware.com
Tue Apr 28 13:51:12 CEST 2015

Hey All,

I hope that this is the right address for my question.

I currently have a VM on Cisco server that runs KVM and SR-IOV is enabled.

4 VFs are attached to this VM and I try to send ARPs from SPIRENT traffic generator to the VM which its ports are VLAN tagged.

Although I turned off spoof checking on the VFs (I used 'ip link set eth17 vf 0 spoofchk off' command), I still get spoofed packets detected on the ixgbe driver in dmesg:

ixgbe 0000::0c:00.0 eth17: 2 Spoofed packets detected

I read online that spoof detection is enabled by default (on compilation) on ixgbe driver when SR-IOV is active.

Any idea how to overcome this issue?

If any more information needed please let me know.

Thanks,
Shaham