[dpdk-dev] How to do packet mirroring

Masoud Moshref Javadi masood.moshref.j at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 00:38:23 CEST 2015

Hi

I want to know how the pool mirroring works in dpdk.
Can I only mirror to another physical port or I can make NIC mirror
packets to an application running on the server?
What I want is to just monitor every packet received or sent from the NIC.

I wanted to test the feature using testpmd using
set port 0 mirror-rule 0 pool-mirror 0x8 dst-pool 1 on
but it says "ixgbe_vmdq_mode_check(): VMDq must be enabled for this setting"
I'm using 82599 10G NIC with two ports on DPDK 2.0

Thanks