[dpdk-dev] BUG - KNI broken in 4.2 kernel

Zhang, Helin helin.zhang at intel.com
Thu Aug 27 19:53:50 CEST 2015

I am not sure if I understood your idea correctly.
My personal point is that the best KNI ethtool support should be processed in user space application.
Sure if we want to support standard Linux ethtool commands, the KNI kernel driver should have a mechanism to work together with user space application. Is that what you said of hooks?
But this may need huge efforts on it.
Sure ideas on ethtool support improvements are always welcome!

Regards,
Helin