[dpdk-dev] flow_director_filter error!!

Navneet Rao navneet.rao at oracle.com
Sat Aug 29 00:11:04 CEST 2015

Hi John et al:

I am using the X540, and setting it up to receive UDP traffic.
Want to use the flow-director filter, to steer packets to different receive queues.

Using the testpmd app, I am running into the following error --

testpmd> flow_director_filter 0 add flow ipv4-udp src 192.168.10.100 dst 192.168.10.101 vlan 0x1 flexbytes (0x88,0x48) fwd queue 1 fd_id 1
flow director programming error: (Operation not supported)

testpmd> flush_flow_director 0
PMD: ixgbe_reinit_fdir_tables_82599(): ixgbe_reinit_fdir_tables_82599
PMD: ixgbe_reinit_fdir_tables_82599(): Flow Director Signature poll time exceeded!
PMD: ixgbe_fdir_flush(): Failed to re-initialize FD table.
flow director table flushing error: (Too many open files in system)

Any ideas what am I missing…
And also, why is there is a reference to 82599 function here‼

I am using the X540, and setting it up to receive UDP traffic.
Want to use the flow-director filter, to steer packets to different receive queues.

Using the testpmd app, I am running into the following error --

testpmd> flow_director_filter 0 del flow ipv4-udp src 192.168.10.100 dst
testpmd> 192.168.10.101 vlan 0x1 flexbytes (0x88,0x48) fwd queue 1 fd_id
testpmd> 1
flow director programming error: (Operation not supported)

testpmd> flush_flow_director 0
PMD: ixgbe_reinit_fdir_tables_82599(): ixgbe_reinit_fdir_tables_82599
PMD: ixgbe_reinit_fdir_tables_82599(): Flow Director Signature poll time exceeded!
PMD: ixgbe_fdir_flush(): Failed to re-initialize FD table.
flow director table flushing error: (Too many open files in system)

Any ideas what am I missing…
And also, why is there is a reference to 82599 function here‼

Thanks
-Navneet