[dpdk-dev] 2.3 Roadmap

Bruce Richardson bruce.richardson at intel.com
Tue Dec 1 14:57:39 CET 2015

On Tue, Dec 01, 2015 at 08:44:57AM -0500, Matthew Hall wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 01, 2015 at 01:16:47PM +0000, O'Driscoll, Tim wrote:
> > True. The goal is to merge the best of the various patches that were
> > submitted on this. This could involve changes to IPv6 as well as IPv4.
> >

> > Tim
>
> If it's possible to fix IPv6 as well this would be good for me. Offering a
> large nexthop space on all protocols is very good for BGP / core routing and
> security inspection applications. Using this feature, I will be able to detect
> interactions with bad subnets and IPs at tremendous speed compared to
> competing solutions.
>
> Matthew.

Hi Matthew,

Couple of follow-up questions on this:
* do you need the exact same number of bits in both implementations? If we support
21 bits of data in IPv6 and 24 in IPv4 is that an issue compared to supporting
21 bits just in both for compatibility.
* related to this - how much data are you looking to store in the tables?

Thanks,
/Bruce