[dpdk-dev] Bond port with multiple queues

Declan Doherty declan.doherty at intel.com
Wed Dec 2 16:49:19 CET 2015

On 02/12/15 13:11, Sergey Balabanov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I configured a bond port with 2 rx queues on it and added 2 slaves into the
> bond port. When I run traffic I get all packets on queue #0. This is quite
> expected when RSS turned off. When I turn on RSS all packets are distributed
> between two rx queues. There is no guarantee that I will get all packets from
> the slave port #0 on some queue and all packets from the slave port #1 on
> another queue.
> Does anybody know is there a way to configure bond port in a way when all traffic
> on port #0 goes to queue #0 and traffic on port #1 goes to queue #1?
>
> Thanks,
> Sergey Balabanov

Hey Sergey,

this is the behavior I would expect. The way we've implemented it the
same RSS configuration will get applied to each slave, so in the case of
say a fail over event in active backup mode as rx traffic is moved onto
a new master the traffic flows will be directed to the same queues as
before. If I understand what you are asking for I'm not sure why you
need a bonded port, why not just used the 2 ports with a single queue
each rather than a single bonded port with 2 queues?

Declan