[dpdk-dev] Building with 'make install T=' and 'make config T='

Wiles, Keith keith.wiles at intel.com
Wed Dec 9 15:39:11 CET 2015

I am having a problem with ‘make install T=‘ command as I was using it before. I would normally build a x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc, clang and icc or a different config all together. Currently the ‘make install T=‘ gives a warning message at the end of the build plus creates the x86_64-native-linuxapp-XXX directory. If I use the suggested ‘make config T=‘ command this command create a directory ‘build’ with a .config file. The problem is this method does not allow me to have multiple builds at the same time.

What is the suggested method to have multiple builds without installing  into the local file system?

Regards,
Keith