[dpdk-dev] [Question] Which hardware offload functions does DPDK support ?

Kury Nicolas nicolas.kury at master.hes-so.ch
Fri Dec 18 11:05:46 CET 2015

Hi!

I would like to know which functions (classification, crypto, ...) can be performed in hardware with DPDK ?

For classification, I have read that Intel 82599 does it in hardware, are there many other NIC that can make classification in hardware or is this card the only one ?

(Source page 9 http://www.kics.or.kr/storage/mailing/20140411/140411_095358054.pdf)

it seems that there aren't any NIC yet that can make crypto in hardware, right ? It seems it's coming

(Source https://networkbuilders.intel.com/docs/aug_17/Future_Enhancements_to_DPDK_Framework.pdf)

In the document page 12, there is the chapter "DPDK - Changes to Support SoC hardware". What does it mean ? Will DPDK be supported by SoCs from Freescale, Texas Instruments, etc. ?
https://networkbuilders.intel.com/docs/aug_17/Future_Enhancements_to_DPDK_Framework.pdf

Thank you!
Nicolas