[dpdk-dev] testpmd loopback mode

De Lara Guarch, Pablo pablo.de.lara.guarch at intel.com
Sun Dec 20 11:31:39 CET 2015

Hi Avinash,

I assume you have two ports and you only want to use Port 1?

If you had only one port (the port that you want to use), by default you wouldn't need to do anything,
just run testpmd without any parameters.

If you have two ports, you can either:
1 - Run testpmd on interactive mode and configure forwarding only on port 1:
	./build/app/testpmd -c f -n 4 -- -i
	Testpmd> set portlist 1
	Testpmd> start

2 - Run testpmd with portmask parameter, doing the same as above:
	./build/app/testpmd -c f -n 4 -- --portmask=0x2

By the way, for these kind of questions, you should use our other list users at dpdk.org.
Any further questions, let me know.

Pablo