[dpdk-dev] dpdk is dropping some packets

Sachin Sharma sharonsachin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 15:50:16 CET 2015

Hi all,

I have implemented an application on the dpdk, which transmits 42 packets
using rte_eth_tx_burst by a burst. There is no error while transmitting
i.e. rte_eth_tx_burst always return 42. However, when I tcpdump the packets
on the neighboring node only 30 packets are received and the other 10 are
getting dropped. I am receiving the same issue in both the cases : (1)
transmitting a burst of 42 packets, or (2) transmitting 42 packets one by
one using the rte_eth_tx_burst.  The packet size is 100 bytes. I do not see
this as a normal behaviour? If this is so, could you please let me know why
these are getting dropped without sending an error condition to the
application?

Thanks,
Sachin.