[dpdk-dev] ACL Issue with single field rule and rest with wild card entry

Rapelly, Varun vrapelly at sonusnet.com
Fri Feb 6 08:24:50 CET 2015

Hi,

struct ipv6_5tuple {
   uint8_t proto;         /* Protocol, next header. */
   uint32_t src_addr0;  /* IP address of source host. */
   uint32_t src_addr1;  /* IP address of source host. */
   uint32_t src_addr2;  /* IP address of source host. */
   uint32_t src_addr3;  /* IP address of source host. */
};

enum {
   PROTO_FIELD_IPV6,
   SRC_FIELD0_IPV6,
   SRC_FIELD1_IPV6,
   SRC_FIELD2_IPV6,
   SRC_FIELD3_IPV6,
   NUM_FIELDS_IPV6
};

I'm using the above data to insert in to ACL trie.

If I'm inserting rules with only different proto fields, [I'm expecting others fields as wild card entries]  then the rules are not matching.

But if I insert one rule with dummy entries [in the attached file line num 118-125], then the above issue is resolved.

Please let me know:

1.       Can we have rules with only one entry and others as wild card entries?

2.       Is there any other way to match wild card entries in a rule?

Regards,
Varun