[dpdk-dev] the host of MemTotal 132160052 kB reboots with 60000 (2M)hugepages

Zhangkun (K) zhang.zhangkun at huawei.com
Mon Feb 9 03:55:30 CET 2015

Hi,
   I set 60000 (2M)hugepages in the host menu.list config file which is of 132160052 kB total mem. I write a deamon programmer testing rte_eal_init() function.
When I have added mlockall system calling before rte_eal_init function and started running the testing deamon, the host reboots. However, the testing deamon
is still running normally when I do not add mlockall system calling.
   Anyone can explain what happened in the kernel memory, and the relation between mlockall with mmap(or anonhugepages)?