[dpdk-dev] Previous DPDK version API documentation for app developers

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at redhat.com
Thu Feb 12 10:55:02 CET 2015

On 02/12/2015 11:39 AM, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> 2015-02-12 11:03, Panu Matilainen:
>> On 02/12/2015 09:06 AM, Matthew Hall wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I ran into a funny situation today with the API documentation.
>>>
>>> For stability until I can get my app mostly working, I was using DPDK 1.7.X,
>>> so I could concentrate on making the app reliable. But the DPDK website only
>>> has the API docs for DPDK 1.8.X / HEAD.
>>>
>>> I was wondering if we could have copies of the most recent few versions in the
>>> site, and some scripts or steps to regenerate locally so you can get the
>>> matching version in the local machine.
>>
>> Same goes for release notes: old versions should be kept around and
>> preferably at the original url, which requires them to be versioned from
>> the start.
>
> Panu, release notes are part of the git tree since release 1.8.

Sure, but what you find at
http://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk/tree/doc/guides/rel_notes?h=releases&id=v1.8.0
is not very presentable, even if it is readable in the "source" format.

What I mean is ... oh, http://dpdk.org/doc/guides-1.8/ works so it IS
already there, only entirely hidden in the sense that nothing at all
points to the versioned tree AFAICS.

So never mind then :) except perhaps making the versioned docs (API and
all) more visible.

	- Panu -