[dpdk-dev] ACL lookup doesn't work for some schemes

志昌余 yuzhichang_scl at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 15 10:23:53 CET 2015

Sorry I forgot to attach the sample code in previous mail. See the attached.

From: yuzhichang_scl at hotmail.com
To: dev at dpdk.org
Subject: ACL lookup doesn't work for some schemes
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 17:18:55 +0800

Hi,    I noticed that ACL lookup doesn't work for some schemes.1. If the first field is not uint8_t, even all fields are wildcard, lookup doesn't find the matching rule. See acl_8last.c.2. I prepended a uint8_t field, keep other fields be wildcard, lookup returns the correct result. See acl_8last2.c3. Then I change last field from 8bitmask_WILDCARD to 8bitmask(1, 0x1) (matches odd numbers) or 8bitmask(0, 0x1) (match even numbers), lookup doesn't return the correct. See acl_8last3.c.  And I noticed the similar behavior for uint16_t ranges(date doesn't match 0-0x8000 nor 0x8001-0xffff).    Above behaviors are tricky. Does ACL do some undocumented assumptions or the table schema?    Regards,Zhichang Yu