[dpdk-dev] Testpmd returns error.

David Marchand david.marchand at 6wind.com
Sun Feb 22 17:19:18 CET 2015

Hello,

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 3:17 PM, Thomas Monjalon <thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com>
wrote:

> Hi Tetsuya,
>
> > Someone, could you please check it?
>
> It is possible that this patchset was not correctly tested.
> We might revert it or try to fix it.
> I think the decision should be done by its authors (Danny, Bruce),
> or the Linux EAL maintainer (David).

Well, I need to have a deeper look at this change.
I did not find time before my holidays.

- I think there may be an issue with the use of resource0 instead of
/dev/uio.
I am not sure uio mmap will be happy or I overlooked something trivial.

- Testing proc type in pci_uio_map_resource() looks wrong to me, since we
validated earlier in this same function that we are in primary process.

- uio_res->maps indexes are not the same as the pci resources, might
trigger problems (and it clearly does not make it easy to read ...).
And now we are reading sysfs twice.
I would prefer this code is reworked so that we avoid those loops in
eal_pci_uio.c.

Anyway, I am still on holiday (I should have kept my laptop away ...), I
will be back tomorrow.
I suppose Bruce or Danny will come with a fix, let's decide what the best
solution is at this moment.

--
David Marchand