[dpdk-dev] ixgbe vector mode not working.

Liang, Cunming cunming.liang at intel.com
Wed Feb 25 09:49:48 CET 2015

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the info, with rxd=4000, I can reproduce it.
On that time, it runs out of mbuf.
I'll follow up this issue.

[LCM] All these params defined in rte_eth_rxconf/rte_eth_txconf which are used during rte_eth_rx/tx_queue_setup.
If don't care the value and assign nothing for it, it takes the default value per each device.
For ixgbe, the default_txconf will use the vpmd. In your log, it's not. So that's why I asked for such params.

> The whole RX/TX tuning parameters are a very poor programming model only
> a hardware engineer could love. Requiring the application to look at
> driver string and choose the magic parameter settings, is in my opnion
> an indication of using incorrect abstraction.
[LCM] It's not necessary for application to look at such parameter. As you said, that's only for RX/TX tuning.
If tuning, it makes sense to understand what these parameters mean.