[dpdk-dev] Packet Rx issue with DPDK1.8

Prashant Upadhyaya praupadhyaya at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 09:10:54 CET 2015

Hi,

I am migrating from DPDK1.7 to DPDK1.8.
My application works fine with DPDK1.7.
I am using 10 Gb Intel 82599 NIC.
I have jumbo frames enabled, with max_rx_pkt_len = 10232
My mbuf dataroom size is 2048+headroom
So naturally the ixgbe_recv_scattered_pkts driver function is triggered for
receiving.
This works with DPDK1.7 and my app receives packets.
However, it does not work with DPDK1.8 somehow.I don't receive any packets.

So, I increased the mbuf data room size in my application to a higher value
so that the function ixgbe_recv_scattered_pkts is not enabled (I believe
ixgbe_recv_pkts will be used in this case), and now my application starts
getting packets with DPDK1.8 and the entire application usecase works fine
(ofcourse my application had to adapt to the mbuf structure changes which I
have done)

I am kind of coming to the conclusion that ixgbe_recv_scattered_pkts has
something broken in DPDK1.8 as compared to the earlier versions by the
above empirical evidence.

Has anybody else faced a similar issue ?

Regards
-Prashant