[dpdk-dev] Fast Path Query

Zhang, Helin helin.zhang at intel.com
Wed Jan 14 08:47:20 CET 2015

Hi Deepak

If a NIC port is controlled by DPDK, all packets received by that port will go directly to DPDK, and Linux kernel doesn't know those packets anymore.
But, the packets received by DPDK can be put into kernel by two special ways. They are exception_path and KNI. Please check the examples/ for more details.
In the future, a port may be co-controlled by both Linux and DPDK. Part of queues will be controlled by Linux kernel driver, part of queues will be controlled by DPDK. Check the DPDK roadmap for more details.

Regards,
Helin