[dpdk-dev] New to DPDK

Wiles, Keith keith.wiles at intel.com
Wed Jan 14 20:27:34 CET 2015

Most people I guess use a Xeon CPU class MB with one or two sockets
running Linux with a supported NICs. I use a motherboard like the one
below running Ubuntu 12.04 with 12G RAM and the 82599 NICs. You can find
more supported NICs in the documentation and you need find the rest of the
parts :-) You do not need much disk space I have a 500G disk and you can
use less memory, but that is something you need to decide on.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/server-motherboards/ser
ver-board-w2600cr.html