[dpdk-dev] Should the other queues at same port work when one queue is full ?

XU Liang liang.xu at cinfotech.cn
Sun Jan 18 12:12:31 CET 2015

I configured the 82599 ports to work in multi-queue mode and flow director to assign different TCP connections to different queues. A multi-process application receive packets from queues and each process reads a queue. When I kill one process, the process's queue is full, all descriptors of the queue is used. Then I send packets to other queues, but no packet is received by other processes from other queues. And no ierrors at the port stats.  I'm not sure it's a bug or designed that way.
I expect that when a process exits abnormally affect only part of the connections, but now all the connections are not working properly. How can I just turn off the exception queue, so that other processes / queues work properly.