[dpdk-dev] librte_power/rte_power.h causes link error

Ильдар Мустафин imustafin at bk.ru
Mon Jan 19 14:55:42 CET 2015

 Hi list,

I got " multiple definition of 'rte_power_freq_min' " link error, while compiling my dpdk project.
I think extern keyword was missed in rte_power.h header for some reason:

/**
 * Scale down the frequency of a specific lcore to the lowest according to the
 * available frequencies.
 * Review each environments specific documentation for usage..
 *
 * @param lcore_id
 *  lcore id.
 *
 * @return
 *  - 1 on success with frequency changed.
 *  - 0 on success without frequency changed.
 *  - Negative on error.
 */
rte_power_freq_change_t rte_power_freq_min;

Thanks,
Ildar