[dpdk-dev] make config on cents 6.6 with 3.5 kernel and 4.7 gcc not finding config target

Vipin Agrawal vipin.agrawal at argyledata.com
Thu Jan 22 23:42:26 CET 2015

I was able to build it without any issues earlier yesterday but all of a sudden, it started to give me this error.  All I did was add the boot options in grub.con : default_hugepagesz=1G hugepagesz=1G hugepages=4 hpet_mmap

Even after removing them, this problem still persists.

[root at localhost dpdk-1.8.0]# make config T=x86_64-default-linuxapp-gcc
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/root/dpdk-1.8.0/config/defconfig_x86_64-default-linuxapp-gcc', needed by `/root/dpdk-1.8.0/build/.config'.  Stop.
make: *** [config] Error 2

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.