[dpdk-dev] DPDK testpmd forwarding performace degradation

Alexander Belyakov abelyako at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 13:43:45 CET 2015

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 3:24 PM, Alexander Belyakov <abelyako at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 7:21 PM, De Lara Guarch, Pablo <
> pablo.de.lara.guarch at intel.com> wrote:
>

>> > On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Alexander Belyakov
>>
>> > <abelyako at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> > Hi Pablo,
>>

>> > On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 5:22 PM, De Lara Guarch, Pablo
>>
>> > <pablo.de.lara.guarch at intel.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Alexander,

Mysteries are still here.

While single RX queue forwarding shows almost no degradation now, multiple
RX queues still do.

Launching

./testpmd -c7 -n3 -- -i --rxq=2 --txq=2 --nb-cores=2 --nb-ports=2

shows the following result:

80 bytes packets are being forwarded at 12.46Mpps rate (which is fine)
81 bytes packets are being forwarded at 7.5Mpps rate (which is weird)

Pablo, could you please check on your setup if multiple RX queues shows no
performance degradation depending on packet size?

Additional information about packets I'm sending.
80 bytes packet is IPv4 UDP packet (with random source IP/port) and 34
payload bytes.
81 bytes packet is IPv4 UDP packet (with random source IP/port) and 35
payload bytes.

Thank you,
Alexander