[dpdk-dev] Process question: reviewing older patches

Neil Horman nhorman at tuxdriver.com
Thu Jan 29 15:14:14 CET 2015

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 07:38:30AM -0600, Jay Rolette wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 3:23 PM, Neil Horman <nhorman at tuxdriver.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 02:57:58PM -0600, Jay Rolette wrote:
> > > Thanks Thomas and Neil. Sadly, no joy. While I generally like gmail for
> > my
> > > mail, there's not a reasonable way to import the mbox file or to control
> > > the message id.
> > >
> > Sure there is, you just need to select an appropriate MUA.  You can't use
> > the
> > web interface for this.  Enable imap access to your gmail account, and
> > setup an
> > MUA like mutt to point to it.  Then the mutt client can open the mbox
> > file, or
> > you can fill out the in-reply-to: header manually.
> >

> True. I meant there's not a way to do this in the mail interface I use.
> Honestly, while I was happy to do the review since I've been digging into
> KNI anyway, I'm not going to spend time setting up an MUA just for this.
>
> Jay

well, ok.  But if you ever want to be able to respond to an email you've deleted,
you need an MUA that can import mbox files from an archive, or at least allow
editing of header fields.

FWIW, its not hard to do, heres a redacted version of my gmail .muttrc file:

set folder=imaps://<my email address>@imap.gmail.com
set spoolfile=imaps://<my email address>@imap.gmail.com/INBOX
set ssl_starttls=yes
set editor=vi
set sort=threads
set smtp_url=smtps://<my email address>@smtp.gmail.com
set from="Neil Horman <my email address>"