[dpdk-dev] Different core to each operation of packet handling

Sachin Sharma sharonsachin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 18:02:10 CET 2015

Hi all,

I am interested to assign different cores to each of the following
operations: (1) copying an incoming packet from NIC to the memory pool, (2)
handling the copied packet  from the userspace program (e.g., l2fwd
application), (3) doing lookup  for output port for the packet, (4)
transmitting the packet to the output NIC, (5) transmitting the packet from
NIC to the wire. I am able to do (2), (3), (4) by calling rte_eth_rx_burst
from a function assigned to a specific core (rte_eal_remote_launch), by
calling a lookup function that is assigned to another specific core, and by
calling rte_eth_tx_burst from a function (assigned to another core),
respectively. However, I do not know how to assign (1) and (5) operation to
a specific core. Could you please guide me for this?