[dpdk-dev] Using rte_ring_mp_xyz() across EAL and non-EAL threads ?

Gopakumar Choorakkot Edakkunni gopakumar.c.e at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 19:46:52 CEST 2015

Hi,

I have a requirement where one of my non-EAL app threads needs to
handoff some packets to an EAL task. I was thinking of using
rte_ring_mp_enqueue/dequeue for that purpose. I looked at the code for
the rte_ring library and it doesnt look like it has any "EAL"
dependencies, but I wanted to double confirm that there are no issues
in using it that way. Dint find much yes/no info about that on the
mailers/docs. Pls let me know your thoughts.

Rgds,
Gopa.