[dpdk-dev] DPDK Hash library

Bruce Richardson bruce.richardson at intel.com
Thu Jul 2 11:36:11 CEST 2015

On Wed, Jul 01, 2015 at 07:56:28PM -0400, Abdul, Jaffar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering how can I use the hash library if I don't know the number of entries in the bucket (number of entries in the bucket can grow dynamically)
> I am trying to use the DPDK hash library for MAC table where I can't give the fixed number of elements in each bucket.

The current DPDK hash library does not support this, unfortunately. There is
currently an effort underway to do a cuckoo hash implementation for DPDK (patches
already on-list), to allow items to move between buckets rather than just failing
if a bucket is full. Please feel free to try out these patches and provide feedback
on them if you can!

	/Bruce