[dpdk-dev] DPDK and netfilter functionality

Nick Keney nkeney at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 23:03:51 CEST 2015

I am new to DPDK, but I have been tasked with researching it's
capabilities. One of the things I am trying to understand is how it
would interact with some kind of packet capturing application. One of
the things I use to grab a packet from the Linux Kernel is using
netfilter hooks to get the packet and capture it. Does DPDK have
something like netfilter hooks?

I am trying to understand how you would do a packet capture on a DPDK
controlled port. Is possible to packet capture all traffic on the port
from a single application/module or can you only do packet capture
within the DPDK application itself meaning you can't see traffic being
processed by other DPDK applications?

Thanks.