[dpdk-dev] How to prevent KNI interface from getting deleted on application termination?

Gopakumar Choorakkot Edakkunni gopakumar.c.e at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 22:47:11 CEST 2015

You are right, I dint think of the rings. I guess if I keep the netdev
intact and release the rings and stuff as it does on a /dev/kni close,
that should be fine ? And when my app comes back up and opens dev/kni,
the rings etc.. can be recreated, and when my app tries to create the
netdevs, it  reattaches it to the existing ones. The way I look at it,
its similar to the tun/tap ioctl option TUNSETPERSIST.

Rgds,
Gopa.