[dpdk-dev] igb PMD should set the default tx wthresh correctly.

Stephen Hemminger shemming at brocade.com
Fri Jul 17 04:49:20 CEST 2015

On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 00:52:09 +0000
"Lu, Wenzhuo" <wenzhuo.lu at intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Stephen,
> I don't think there's a conflict. The message just reminder us that we can adjust the values to achieve better performance.
> I saw ixgbe and i40e also use 0 as the same default value. To my opinion, it's good to keep the same behavior.
> Thanks.

In my opnion, no application should have to make special case setup
for each device type. Having to have a table that lists all the parameters
for each device name is not supportable or scaleable.

The DPDK started out as "lets do benchmarks fast" but as a production
toolkit it needs to stop having this kind of thing.

The message shows up to the end-user, who thinks it is a driver bug.
The "us" is now real customers not DPDK developers.