[dpdk-dev] [dpdk-virtio] Performance tuning for dpdk with virtio?

Clarylin L clearasu at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 01:47:49 CEST 2015

My VM has two ports connecting to two linux bridges (in turn connecting two
physical ports). DPDK is used to forward between these two ports (one port
connected to traffic generator and the other connected to sink). I used
iperf to test the throughput between the traffic generator and one port on
VM, as well as throughput between the other port and the sink. Both legs
show around 7.5G throughput.

Traffic anyway would goes through bridge to reach to the VM ports, so I
think linux bridge does support much higher throughput, doesn't it?