[dpdk-dev] vswitches performance comparison

Jun Xiao jun.xiao at cloudnetengine.com
Tue Jul 21 20:00:42 CEST 2015

After CloudNetEngine vswitch technical preview is launched, we received quite
a few queries on vswitches performance comparison, but we cannot simply give a
 test result on our platform because performance varies on different H/Ws and
different workloads, and that's why we encourage you to try the evaluation
package to get real data on your setup.

Anyway, we share a little more performance data on our H/W which is a comparison
 among native kernel OVS/OVS-DPDK/CNE vswitch under the most common workload:
concurrent bi-directional TCP traffics cross hosts, and hope you can have a rough idea.
http://www.cloudnetengine.com/weblog/2015/07/22/vswitches-performance-comparison/

Thanks,
Jun