[dpdk-dev] Intel XL710

Moran, John John.Moran at viasat.com
Wed Jun 10 17:06:45 CEST 2015

Hello,

I submitted this question yesterday, when I did not belong to group. Re-submitting now that I am a member!

I am working on a design where a dpdk/intel710 based switch will receive VXLAN traffic (DPDK 2.0 with centos 7 and kvm).
Ideally we would like to have the NIC strip the VXLAN header and then forward the packet based on mac or vlan id of the inner packet.

Question. From looking the Add a VXLAN sample at //www.litchfie.dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2015-April/016518.html.  it  looks as if is possible to use the HW header splitter to access inner vlan. The NIC will then assign the packet to the correct internal queue?

I just want to confirm this before I start make promises in design.

Thanks for any help,

Jack Moran
ViaSat