[dpdk-dev] VMXNET3 on vmware, ping delay

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Thu Jun 25 18:37:37 CEST 2015

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 06:46:30PM +0300, Avi Kivity wrote:
> What would be useful is a runtime switch between polling and interrupt
> modes.  This was if the load is load you use interrupts, and as mitigation,
> you switch to poll mode, until the load drops again.

Yes... I believe this is part of the plan. Though obviously I didn't work on
it personally, I am still using the classic simple modes until I get my app to
feature-complete level first.

In addition the *power* examples use adaptive polling to reduce CPU load to
fit the current traffic profile.

Matthew.